Are you an experienced Client General Manager interested in the Media and Entertainment Industry? Amex GBT is looking for a creative, expert, detail- and team-oriented Client General Manager to support some of our most important Entertainment Clients in the Production, News, Sports, Music, and Theatricals business..
The Client General Manager acts as the primary point of contact for our clients’ strategic needs. They are focused on identifying and delivering new opportunities, driving client and traveler satisfaction, creating strategic solutions, promoting GBT’s capabilities specific to entertainment clients, acting as an entertainment travel subject matter expert, and retaining and growing some of our most important clients. The Client Manager’s role is to identify innovative solutions, to have a strong understanding of the client and competitors, and an in-depth knowledge of the travel industry. Working with a high performing team in a collaborative environment, the client manager will ensure that client initiatives are fully delivered, and expectations are exceeded. Most importantly, the Client Manager is a key participant in supporting our clients in delivering their product, whether it be news, sports, film production, or television programming.
This position, based in the US or Canada, is virtual but will be expected to keep East Coast hours. Travel is required 25-30% of the time.
In order to drive growth, develop innovative value-added and client focused solutions, and increase retention, the Client Manager will be responsible for:
- Possessing an in-depth understanding of your client’s strategic objectives, key drivers of success, organizational culture, and business objectives.
- Providing guidance to customers in the assessment of goals and strategies to optimize performance across their program.
- Identifying unique travel needs that exist for news, sports, film or tv production, and developing innovative solutions to enhance productivity & improve traveler/caller experience during service fulfillment.
- Establishing partnerships with key business constituents (Global Business Consulting, Client Services, Service Delivery, Implementations, Meetings & Events and GCG Directors)
- Building a web of influence at key levels within the account and among affiliate studios working with our clients on specific productions.
- Understanding and supporting the dynamic needs of entertainment travel, trends, and evolving requirements
- Completing strategic account plans, focused on identifying ground-breaking business opportunities that enhance and optimize the customer experience,
- Creating customer value, exceeding customer expectations, strengthening client relationships, driving savings, increasing retention, and optimizing performance through process and data analysis.
- Leading the improvement of the American Express Global Business Travel value proposition through consultation, technology road mapping and optimizing online servicing solutions.
- Leading business planning, quarterly and annual reviews, regional pricing strategies, and ongoing P&L management for the account.
- Researching the marketplace and competitor products and services to highlight the value that distinguishes AEGBT products, and specifically uses MI, benchmarking, and technology as critical value drivers.
- Enhancing the American Express Global Business Travel value proposition through policy consultation, researching white paper needs, technology road mapping and optimizing online solutions.
- Representing AEGBT to Media and Entertainment prospects as a subject matter expert.
- Note: While this position will be responsible for one or more media clients, the client portfolio may include clients outside of the entertainment sector.
- Passion and excitement for the unique needs of entertainment clients
- Proven success and demonstrable positive results in a global account / client management, and or Project Management, experience.
- Experience/knowledge of Media and Entertainment Travel.
- Proven success in upselling products, services and solutions increasing client revenue and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement growth strategies, build action plans, and set goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions addressing the outstanding needs of entertainment travel
- Proven innovative problem-solving abilities and decision-making skills required, in addition to prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to handle objections and achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain a comprehensive network, both internally and externally, to successfully navigate through client organizations.
- A sophisticated range of communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and articulate key product and value proposition knowledge in a variety of contexts.
- Strong financial acumen required to leverage the key drivers of profitability.
- Strong business acumen required to communicate the Amex Global Business Travel value proposition.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Previous large market /multinational client/global experience preferred.
- Possess a strong understanding of the Global Business Travel marketplace.
- Travel Operations knowledge required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Travel Service Delivery and Client Management.
- Solid understanding of Business Travel Service Delivery technology/tools and processes.
- Advanced software skills (MS Office) required.
- A love of travel, entertainment, and learning
- A reputation for trust, integrity and getting things done
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.