- If you have some Leadership and FinCrime experience, expect an offer at or towards the bottom of the range
- If you have extensive Leadership experience and some FinCrime experience, expect an offer around the middle of the range
- If you have extensive FinCrime experience and some Leadership experience, expect an offer around the middle of the range
- If you have extensive Leadership experience and extensive FinCrime experience, expect an offer towards the top of the range
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we\'re doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves. We\'re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people\'s lives through Monzo.
About our Financial Crime Team:
Our Financial Crime team is at the heart of how we at Monzo protect our bank and protect our customers. We’re looking for individuals with a blend of experience in preventing financial crime and team leadership to join our Financial Crime Operations team as an anti-money laundering Team Manager.
Your team will consist of around 11 Financial Crime Investigators, and could be focused on a number of different AML tasks - including transaction monitoring, writing suspicious activity reports, account closures and escalations.
As a Team Manager, you\'ll be responsible for managing the personal and professional development of your team members, providing technical coaching on financial crime tasks, driving exceptional individual and collective performance, guiding individuals through hard times, and celebrating their successes.
You’ll hold weekly meetings with your team members (both individually and together as a team) to ensure everyone is informed, engaged, and performing in their role. You’ll also be responsible for aggregating the feedback that your team provides in these meetings and feeding it into operational leadership to ensure we continue to improve on our processes and tooling.
Team Managers are also heavily involved in our hiring processes, and regularly act as interviewers - so you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the team as it continues to grow.
Every day, you’ll spend your time:
- Managing the personal & professional development of approximately 11 Financial Crime Investigators.
- Fostering an empathetic, high-performance culture in the team.
- Providing technical coaching, feedback, and advice relating to financial crime tasks.
- Analysing and driving improvement in team performance, and reporting relevant insights.
- Monitoring and maintaining service level adherence on the work completed by the team.
- Aggregating feedback from the team, and ensuring it’s passed on to inform business change.
- Communicating and embedding change within the team.
- Contributing to a strong control environment by minimising breaches and risk events.
- Reviewing complaints attributed to the team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Conducting job interviews for financial crime investigators and contributing to hiring decisions.
- Chairing employee relations cases and making decisions consistent with Monzo’s values.
You should apply if:
- You have at least minimum entry level financial crime/ AML/ fraud knowledge and have an understanding of current financial crime trends and typologies.
- You have experience providing technical coaching and feedback
- You\'re a clear and inspiring communicator, with excellent written and verbal English.
- You\'re empathetic and have a supportive approach to people leadership.
- You\'re great at prioritising problems and assessing risk in an operations environment.
- You are passionate about working in a fast paced environment and comfortable with change.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- You have experience conducting investigations in an operational setting with subject matter expertise preferably in AML.
- Recent experience with emerging financial crime trends and typologies.
- Experience leading teams of people (this does not need to be in financial crime or fraud).
- Experience managing employee relations cases.
- Experience taking individuals and teams from a position of underperformance to high performance.
- Experience accurately interpreting and representing complex management information.
- Holds, or is happy to work towards, the ICA International Advanced Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, or similar industry qualification.
- Fluency in MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools.
- Strong verbal and written English communication