The External Support Engineer is responsible for helping and supporting external content creation teams that use the tools provided by the internal development team. They are the bridge between the content teams and the tools engineering team. They are the first point of contact when content teams run into issues with tools; and filter issues and feedback to the tools team.
• Provide technical support to content/external teams in regards to use of content tools
• Create reference materials and provide training to get external teams up to speed with the toolset
• Solve and debug possible issues with tools and workflows to quickly resolve issues for users
• Escalate more complex or problematic issues to the tool development team, and work with production to track these issues in JIRA
• Advocate for tools, workflow improvements, and suggestions from external teams
• Partner with other engineers to develop tools and processes that improve efficiency and quality
• Guide or lead cross-disciplinary dialogs to drive features from initial concept to completion
• Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read and understand C# code
• Good written and verbal communication, including working with external partners
• Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
• Excellent organization skills
• Self motivating; able to prioritize and manage numerous requests simultaneously
Education and Experience
• Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
• Experience supporting a live service or tool environment
• Unity 3D game and tool development experience
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, or other defect tracking software
• iOS and Android mobile development experience
• 5 years' experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range description
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - 325,000