Intuit’s Finance team drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit's operating efficiencies. Come join the Finance Team as a part time Corporate Accountant. This is a long term part time role to assist with month end and quarter end close. Work schedule is 8 to 9 days each month - generally the last 6 business days of the month and the first 2 or 3 days of the following month. Expect to work 8 hour days with flexibility in the daily schedule.
• Gather, prepare, test, and maintain adequate documentation to support monthly accruals through the Service PO Accrual Process (SPOA).
• Apply judgment and correctly interpret GAAP accounting requirements to ensure accounting entries are properly recorded, substantiated, and communicated.
• Partner and communicate with Requestor and Financial Analyst communities to effectively prepare monthly accruals.
• Assist SPOA database manager with preparation and analyses of monthly accrual data.
• Identify and communicate Procurement and Accounts Payable processing errors for correction.
• Participate in cross training and coverage of other Corporate Accounting areas of responsibility. Maintain flexibility to assist in other areas during periods of peak activity.
• Continually assess and design desk procedures and process flows. Ensure that these work flows are designed to maximize internal controls and efficiency